Student of the Month Criteria
- The student comes to his/her after-school classes, private guitar lessons, or group guitar classes prepared and ready to learn.
- The student exhibits a strong command of the musical concepts being taught in class as demonstrated by earning at least two-stripes on his/her Rock Dojo colored guitar strap.
- The student is working to his/her full potential.
Leadership & Teamwork Criteria:
- The student is a positive role model.
- The student helps his/her classmates during the Rock Dojo after-school group guitar classes or at home.
- The student has a positive attitude, follows directions, and demonstrates a strong character.
Meet the Students of the Month | September 2019
- How to tune the guitar.
- The parts of the guitar.
- Moveable power chords.
- Five songs including “Iron Man,” “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll,” & “Brain Stew.”
As for advice for other students, 12-year-old Micah says, “Always work on your finger exercises because it’s really hard to get a right note, but if you can use your other fingers it makes it a lot easier.”
Both Micah and Caleb earned four-stripes on their white belt, which means they’ll be receiving their yellow belts at the start of the next lesson.
SIGN YOUR KIDS UP FOR AFTER-SCHOOL GUITAR
Sign up for Rock Dojo after-school guitar lessons today. Want to learn more? Check out Rock Dojo’s FAQs and learn how our colored-belt systems works (here’s a hint: it’s like karate and you graduate with a black belt). Do you have a specific question about our guitar lessons for kids? Drop us a line at (503) 484-6417.