Student of the Month Criteria
- The student comes to his/her after-school classes, private guitar lessons, or group guitar classes prepared and ready to learn.
- The student exhibits a strong command of the musical concepts being taught in class as demonstrated by earning at least two-stripes on his/her Rock Dojo colored guitar strap.
- The student is working to his/her full potential.
Leadership & Teamwork Criteria:
- The student is a positive role model.
- The student helps his/her classmates during the Rock Dojo after-school group guitar classes or at home.
- The student has a positive attitude, follows directions, and demonstrates a strong character.
Meet the Students of the Month | September 2019
- The name of the guitar strings.
- Two-finger exercises.
- The minor pentatonic scale.
- Open power chords.
- How to read guitar tab.
In fact, once he learned to read the guitar tab, Julian learned two or three new songs on his own each week including “The Peter Gunn Theme,” “Brain Stew, and “Smoke on the Water.” As teachers, we were so proud when we discovered Julian learned to play Happy Birthday on his own and performed it on his dad’s birthday!
Julian earned three-stripes on his yellow belt, which means he’s just one stripe away from a green belt.
SIGN YOUR KIDS UP FOR AFTER-SCHOOL GUITAR
Sign up for Rock Dojo after-school guitar lessons today. Want to learn more? Check out Rock Dojo’s FAQs and learn how our colored-belt systems works (here’s a hint: it’s like karate and you graduate with a black belt). Do you have a specific question about our guitar lessons for kids? Drop us a line at (503) 484-6417.