Student of the Month Criteria
- The student comes to his/her after-school classes, private guitar lessons, or group guitar classes prepared and ready to learn.
- The student exhibits a strong command of the musical concepts being taught in class as demonstrated by earning at least two-stripes on his/her Rock Dojo colored guitar strap.
- The student is working to his/her full potential.
Leadership & Teamwork Criteria:
- The student is a positive role model.
- The student helps his/her classmates during the Rock Dojo after-school group guitar classes or at home.
- The student has a positive attitude, follows directions, and demonstrates a strong character.
Meet the Student of the Month | August 2019
- A great groove.
- A professional touch.
- Leadership and teamwork.
Donovan earned his red belt with three-stripes during his private lessons this summer. That means, he’s just one stripe away from graduating to the black belt!
To earn his stripes, Donovan demonstrated a mastery of basic rhythms passing two levels of rhythm exercises on Ear Master Pro. In addition, he played a challenging finger exercise forward and backward using every combination of basic rhythms covered during his private guitar lessons and after-school classes. Finally, Donovan learned the guitar solo-section of Pink Floyd’s timeless classic, “Money.”
Suffice to say, “You ROCK, Donovan!”
SIGN YOUR KIDS UP FOR GUITAR LESSONS
Sign up for Rock Dojo guitar lessons today. Want to learn more? Check out Rock Dojo’s FAQs and learn how our colored-belt systems works (here’s a hint: it’s like karate and you graduate with a black belt). Do you have a specific question about our guitar lessons for kids? Drop us a line at (503) 484-6417.