Rock Dojo founder, Brian Parham, recently joined the D’Addario team of Endorsing Artists & Brand Ambassadors. When we think about brilliant artists like Gary Clark Jr., Nita Strauss, & Guthrie Govan who are part of the D’Addario team, we’re filled with gratitude & humility to represent a brand we love so much!
What is D’Addario Company?
D’Addario is one of the largest strings manufacturers and musical accessories companies in the world. While their world-famous for their guitar strings, D’Addario also manufactures strings for many different types of fretted and orchestral instruments. D’Addario is a family-owned business that’s been making starings since the 17th century!
They also make great tuners, guitar straps, cables, and picks!
5 Reasons Why We love D’Addario so Much?
1. Their commitment to funding music education in underserved communities through The D’Addario Foundation.
2. Their commitment to the environment through the Play Back string recycling program. Each year, they recycle 4.2 million strings.
3. Their commitment to sustainability through the Play, Plant, & Preserve program. Since 2013, through the dum sticks brand, Promark, D’Addario partnered with the Tennessee Department of Agriculture to plant more than 320,000 trees to restore forests and raise new ones.
4. Their awesome guitar strings! Rock Dojo founder, Brian Parham, uses 9-gauge EXL Nickel Plated Guitars on all of his guitars!
5. How could I not love the colored guitar straps? In fact, the entire Rock Dojo martial-arts style teaching system was built around their colored guitar straps.
How Will This Partnership Help Rock Dojo Students?
For the last two-years, D’Addario has generously donated guitar strings, tuners, and colored straps for Rock Dojo after-school group guitar classes. With this new partnership, we’ll have access to more gear like guitar tuners! More tuners mean less time tuning up at the beginning of class. That leads to more time for rocking out in class!
In addition, the Rock Dojo wants to provide more than just guitar lessons. We envision partnering with D’Addario to teach students how to care for their strings, how to change their strings, how to maintain their instruments, and much more!
Finally, we hope this partnership will eventually help to fund tuition-free music lessons for the most underserved communities in the Greater Portland Metro.
Learn More at . . .
You can learn more about The D’Addario Foundation at http://www.daddariofoundation.org/…
You can learn more about the Play Back string recycling program at https://www.daddario.com/playback/recycle/
You can learn more about the Play, Plant, & Preserve Program at https://www.daddario.com/play-plant-preserve/
And the Rock Dojo belt system here https://rockdojo.org/4182-2/
SIGN YOUR KIDS UP FOR AFTER-SCHOOL GUITAR
Sign up for Rock Dojo after-school guitar lessons today. Want to learn more? Check out Rock Dojo’s FAQs and learn how our colored-belt systems works (here’s a hint: it’s like karate and you graduate with a black belt). Do you have a specific question about our guitar lessons for kids? Drop us a line at (503) 484-6417.