Heartbreaker Guitar Lesson
If your child has already learned how to play Smoke on the Water and Iron Man, then he or she is ready to tackle Led Zeppelin’s iconic opening riff from Heartbreaker. While it features some tricky rhythms, it’s still easy enough for most kids to play. Plus, it sounds awesome played on the electric guitar with the distortion cranked up!
Heartbreak Guitar Tab
Guitar tablature is a great way to learn songs efficiently and effectively. If your child is unfamiliar, then you might want to sign up for the Rock Dojo’s free online introductory guitar course for kids. Otherwise, the onscreen tab and video should help make this song playable within minutes.
Five Tips to Learn Heartbreaker on Guitar
Whether you’re learning Heartbreaker or any other song on the guitar, these five tips will help you learn how to play as quickly and as efficiently as possible:
- Slow it down: Whenever you’re learning anything new on the guitar, slow it down and play it perfectly every time. Then, gradually increase the tempo.
- Play it with a metronome: Repeat after me, “The metronome is my best friend.” It’s true. Music is all about time. Master time, and you are halfway to the main stage!
- Chunk it: Don’t try to learn an entire song at one time. Instead, break it down section by section. As Julius Ceaser said, “Divide and conquer.” Most historians don’t know this, but he was actually talking about measures and beats.
- Tap your foot: Tapping your foot is a great way to internalize rhythms. Plus, it simulates the experience of playing with a drummer. And as you already know, music is all about time!
- Play it with your eyes closed: Admittedly, this is just for the kids—or the kid in you. That being said, playing the guitar with your eyes closed is a challenge in all the right way. Plus, it’s entertaining. Give it a try. Bonus points if you don’t laugh yourself silly the first few times.
FREE Mini-Course for Kids
The Rock Dojo is an award-winning guitar program for kids. Now, your kids can get started playing the guitar the right way with the Rock Dojo’s online guitar course for kids at no cost. Just sign up for the Rock Dojo’s newsletter, and you’ll receive three free online guitar lessons for kids. It’s free, and you can cancel at anytime.